Richard joined Parlee McLaws as an associate in 2020 after completing his Articles with the firm.
Richard is a member of the Intellectual Property and Wills & Estates practice groups at Parlee McLaws and is training to become a Trademark Agent. Richard has experience with trademark prosecution, trademark opposition proceedings, drafting wills, managing estates, as well as estate litigation.
Prior to attending law school, Richard received a Bachelor of Commerce with Distinction in Natural Resources, Energy and the Environment and Business Economics & Law from the University of Alberta. He was also a member of the Golden Bears Track and Field team where he primarily competed as a sprinter. While in law school, Richard served as both a civil and criminal caseworker for Student Legal Services and was an avid member of the Golden Bearristers Rugby Club.
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- ATCO Aboriginal Law Bursary (2018)
- L.E. Lee Ahlstrom, QC Bursary for Aboriginal Students in Law (2017)
- Thomas Maccagno Memorial Award (2016)
- Rupertsland Scholarship (2015)
- Sherritt Coal Scholarship in Business (2015)
- The Alberta School of Business Scholarship in Natural Resources, Energy and Environment (2015)
- Academic All-Canadian (2013, 2014, 2015)
- Jason Land Scholarship (2016, 2015, 2014, 2013)
- Lac La Biche County Agricultural Scholarship (2015, 2016)
- Indspire Aboriginal Scholarship and Bursary (2012, 2012, 2014)
- Jimmie Condon Athletic Scholarship (2012, 2013)
- Legends of Gold Athletic Scholarship (2012)
- Earl and Countess Wessex-Edmonton 2001 World Championship in Athletics Scholarship (2012)
- Alexander Rutherford Scholarship (2012)
- Northern Lights School Division No. 69 Aboriginal Achievement Scholarship (2012)