Steven was awarded a Bachelor of Laws from the University of Alberta in 2011. He completed his articles at Parlee McLaws, and became a partner with the firm in 2020.
He represents and advises a wide array of clients such as financial institutions, receivers, trustees in bankruptcy, debtors and trade suppliers in such matters as financial recovery (both secured and unsecured, and both pre and post judgment), insolvency and restructuring, priority disputes and fraudulent transactions. He further carries on a litigation based practice with a focus in the resolution of construction and builders’ lien disputes, and commercial lease enforcement.
Steven frequently appears before the Alberta Court of Queen’s Bench, and has collaborated in several matters brought on behalf of clients before the Alberta Court of Appeal.
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Edmonton Bar Association
- Member, International Association of Restructuring, Insolvency & Bankruptcy Professionals
- Co-Editor-in-Chief, Alberta Law Review (2010-2011)
- Jason Lang Scholarship for outstanding academic achievement, 2004-2008
- Sally Hansen Memorial Bursary in Law
- Volunteer, Alberta Pro Bono Lawyers Association – Edmonton Civil Claims Duty Counsel Project