Sona joined Parlee McLaws in the Spring of 2021.
Sona previously practiced at two boutique personal injury law firms in Calgary, where she gained experience in insurance litigation, with a particular focus on bodily injury claims such as motor vehicle accidents and slips and falls.
Sona is skilled in dispute resolution and client advocacy, through her involvement in numerous mediations and settlement negotiations for insurance litigation matters. She has appeared at both the Alberta Provincial Court and the Alberta Court of Queens Bench.
While attending law school, Sona was actively involved in various extracurricular activities including participating in multiple mooting and negotiation competitions, and volunteering with Student Legal Assistance at the University of Calgary.
- Member, Canadian Bar Association, Personal Injury, and Health Law subsections
- Member, Calgary Bar Association
- Co-Chair, Canadian Bar Association Personal Injury Section, 2019-2021 (Past)
- Top Oralist, McGillivray Moot Shield Competition, 2015
- Dean’s List, Faculty of Arts, University of Calgary, 2011, 2013
- Volunteer Caseworker, Student Legal Assistance, University of Calgary (Past)