David, a partner in the Edmonton office, joined Parlee McLaws LLP in 2000. With a practice concentrated in insurance litigation, David acts for many of Alberta’s leading property and casualty insurers.
Over his career, David has developed a practice focused on providing insurance clients with coverage-related advice and representation. He has a particular interest in, and has presented on, coverage issues involving commercial general liability, property, and professional liability policies. David also curates a Twitter feed devoted to coverage news and case law.
His diverse insurance background includes personal injury defence, fire loss, product liability and subrogated recoveries. David has been involved in a number of large loss litigation matters, and has trial experience in Alberta, Saskatchewan and the Northwest Territories.
A member of the Law Societies of both Alberta and the Northwest Territories, David has litigated in all levels of Court in both Jurisdictions.
- Member, Canadian Defence Lawyers
- Member, DRI – Defense Research Institute
- Member, Edmonton Bar Association
- Member, National Association of Subrogation Professionals (NASP)
• Sessional Instructor, Professional Responsibility (Faculty of Law, University of Alberta)
• Board Member, President (Eating Disorder Support Network of Alberta)
• Member, Assessment Review Board (City of St. Albert, 2010 to 2015)
• Sessional Instructor, Advocacy (Faculty of Law, University of Alberta, 2012 to 2014)
• Bar Admission Course Volunteer (Legal Education Society of Alberta, 2009 to 2014)